The Gloucester Agricultural Society is the not-for-profit association that primarily produces the Capital Fair.
Members enjoy two (2) single gate admissions, an invitation to, and voting privileges at the Ag Society's AGM, an invite to the Fair's Opening Ceremonies and a subscription to our on-line quarterly newsletter.
Members are welcome to contribute to the discussion and vote on motions at the Annual General Meeting and to be nominated as Associate Directors and Directors.
Nominated Directors must have served as Associate Members at one previous Fair.
Directors are assigned to various committees, including but not limited to;
• Midway (liaise with midway)
• Moto-ring (supervise arena setup, oversee events)
• Kids Zone (supervise area setup, oversee events)
• Entertainment (supervise stage setup, manage stage schedule)
• Agriculture & Homecraft (liaise with various groups, supervise setups and implement programs)
• Concessions (determine grounds layout, oversee operations)
• Grounds (supervise grounds crew schedules and performance of daily tasks)
Our 12 member Board is split into two halves with each group of 6 serving two year offset terms.
Membership applications close on September 30th of each fiscal year.
Send the completed form and a $10 cheque, payable to
"The Gloucester Agricultural Society" to; The Capital Fair
c/o 2149 Hubbard Crescent
The Gloucester Agricultural Society
Office : 613-741-3247 Fax: 613-744-2672
FAIRGROUNDS: Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino
4837 Albion Road, Ottawa ON K1X 1A3
HOME OFFICE: 2149 Hubbard Crescent, Ottawa ON K1J 6L3
Program details subject to change without notice
© copyright 2014 Capital Fair